In this, our inaugural episode of the Three Guys and a Data Model Podcast, Chris, Dave & Jacob talk about data model basics. What is a data model, why is it different from other data modeling technologies out there, why data models matter, and why we would even think to do a podcast about this topic! Many industry professionals try to imbue data models with magical properties that stem from a basic misunderstanding of the technology. This podcast is intended to be an educational series that equips you to understand and work with data model and related technologies.
- Data Models are used to document interfaces in a machine understandable format
- A Data Model can be used to facilitate system-of-systems integration
- A Data Model is not a Message Model
- Modeling Wizard – Quickly and easily document your interfaces with the Modeling Wizard
- Sample Data Model – Request a sample data model to get started