Chris, Dave and Jacob conduct a postmortem on their latest project – bringing to life (don’t be shy, guys, let’s be honest…) one of the Largest-Data-Models-Ever. Taming all that data was a tough job, so we’re here to share the lessons learned. If you want to avoid their mistakes, listen in to hear what these pros uncovered on their adventure.
- Learning curves may be steep, but early work pays off
- Correctly capturing real-world semantics is key
- It’s important to identify misrepresentations in initial assumptions early on
- Data Models need to be built with expansion in mind or they will become brittle
- Data Modeling is Hard – Whitepaper by Skayl
- Modeling Wizard – Quickly and easily document your interfaces with the Modeling Wizard
- Sample Data Model – Request a sample data model to get started